Monday, March 2, 2009

Well, the MTC has been quite an interesting experience. There were 30 Elders and 6 Sisters who were supposed to go to Brasil but had their visas delayed. I got my visa yesterday and head out on Tuesday! (along with 15 elders). The rest of the sisters and Elders actually just got theirs today, all except one poor Elder. But I'm sure it'll come through soon =] They all leave Wednesday.

The first few days here were brutal. Like I said, it was like drinking from a firehose. There was just SO much to adjust to, I didn't sleep well the first few days. But on Sunday, right when I reached the breaking point, I finally remembered, and the Spirit bore witness of, why I'm here. I'm here to spread the light of Christ. I'm here to teach people that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored, and that through the gospel and Christ's atonement we can return to our Father in Heaven.

In other news: I love Portuguese. What a beautiful language! I've picked it up surprisingly fast--even with my Spanish background and natural affinity for languages, it's way fast. I know it's the Lord blessing me. I'm so excited to go to Brasil and speak to the people there in their own language! The language just fits me, just like Brasil. My teachers here in the MTC have been awesome. I feel like I've never learned or grown so much than in this past week and a half. It's been wonderful.I love all the other sisters in my group; we all have similar personalities and get along so well--that's probably why we're all going to Brasil =] The Elders are great too! Some of them are just so on the ball--I'm way impressed. And some of them are hilarious. I wish I had time to write more! But we only have a half hour here to check our email on P-day.

I love you all!!!

Con muito amor,
Sis. Wilkinson

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Sounds like a blast, Ashley! (um and that's me going back to the firehose analogy)

    ReplyDelete