Monday, May 25, 2009

18 de maio de 2009

Not gonna lie... Kinda hurt to open my inbox and have NO NEW MESSAGES. Prov 25:25.

Today is my three month mark!!!! Only 15 months left!

This week passed rapidly. We have some great new investigators and others that are progressing fantastically. We´re teaching a woman, Alcione, and oh man, she is SOLID. Her mom is a member and she went to our district conference last Sunday and the first time we taught her she said she had felt the Spirit and new the church was true and wants to be baptised. She already lives the Word of Wisdom and everything! Its amazing when you find those elect that have been prepared by the Lord. The only problem is her "husband", who she isn´t married to, even though they´ve lived together for 11 years. She wants to get married, he doesnt. He also believes in the church and wants to be baptised, but seriously, I was reminded of a 5 year old being told he had to clean his room before he could play when we told him he has to get married to get baptised. Men... We told him, after 11 years, a piece of paper isnt going to change ANYTHING about their situation, but he still is having a hard time accepting it. But Alcione wants to be baptised sooo bad. It´s sad that someone she loves is keeping her from that =[We had another little miracle this week, once again reemphasizing my new theme of "Everytime something goes wrong, something goes right". We tried to find the house of a contact, which once again didn´t exist, and as we were walking down the street, Sis. Jacobs started talking to this young guy in his late 20´s who was sitting out in front of his house. His name is Igor (people here in Brasil have THE weirdest randomest names) and he invited us in to teach the lesson and he readily accepted it all. When we asked him if he believes God answers prayers, he told us how he had been sitting outside waiting for his friend, but then his friend didn´t come. He decided to stay a little longer and was just kinda praying to God. He didn´t tell us what about, but he said that then we appeared and that we were the answer to his prayer. WHOA!!! How cool is that? He came to church with us on Sunday and loved it. The only problem is he can´t read... So I don´t know what we´re going to do about the Book of Mormon... Sis Jacobs will know =] But man, he´s solid. We asked him to be baptised and he said he´ll pray about it. Once again, I admire the faith of people who can make such a huge change in their life like that. I know for me, even now, even when I know something is right, I hesitate. It´s a wonderful example to me of trusting in the Lord. I love that I can learn from the people I´m teaching.We´re still teaching Luciana and Ronaldo and working on the divorce of Luciana. They´re amazing too. They came to church on Sunday and loved it. We taught them about the Word of Wisdom this week, and Luciana got up, got all the coffee they had in the house, and gave it to us. WHOA! Man, these people here are amazing. Sis Jacobsand I were joking about Presidente Emerick making a surprise visit and finding us with two packages of coffee in our bag, haha.We did a little service project for Mônica and Mercia this week and put up a screen on their porch gate so they could leave the front door open in the evening and it wouldnt be soooo stuffy and hot in their house. It was fun, and we got to listen to the radio. Every song I was like "Quem é isso? Quem é isso?" (who is this?) and Sis Jacobs would say "Sei lá, Sister!" (I dunno, sister!). It was fun =] I´m looking forward to having a great collection of Brasilian music. I miss music... I think I´m going to buy a cheap little mp3 player here and get some of the church music Sis Jacobs has.Once again, I find the things I´m nostalgic for the most are american toilets and a good Caeser salad. Mmmmm.... But man, there is some good food here in Brasil, let me tell you. I love rice and beans with all my heart.Ok, picture time! My battery is fully charged, so it´d better work.1) Me and my huge green sprinkle covered birthday cake2) The fruit of my labor3) Mônica´s baptism4) View from the front porch of Mercia and MônicaLove you all,~Sis Wilkinson

1 comment: