Monday, June 1, 2009

Sis wi...wi...wilikson

To explain the subject line, no one here can pronounce my name. Its fun hearing all the variations.
This week was AWESOME!!!!! Seriously. We had a Tour da Missao, where the area leader, Elder Soares, talked to us for 3 hours. It was an amazing training. And it was fun to see all my elder friends and speak in English, haha.

It´s been raining a lot here, with Winter on it´s way. Remember the seasons are reversed here. The river keeps flooding. Sigh.

We had a baptism on Saturday! Everton, the 8 year old son of Luciana and Ronaldo, the family we´ve been working with the entire transfer. He is SO solid. Everytime we visit he wants me tomarkl a new part in the livro de mormon for him to read. I know i wasnt reading the LdM like that when i was 8. How cool is this kid? And the familyis great too, I love them so much =] We´ve finally gotten the paperwork for luciana´s divorce sent in, so we just have to wait for the court date, and then her and ronaldo can get married, and then BAPTISED! YAY! They´re excited =]

We also got some AWESOME new investigators last week, Simoni and Edson, who are firme demais. Last night we commited them to be married and baptised. It was funny, they answered "Claro! COM CERTEZA!" and kinda with an inaudiable "duh!", hahaha They´re going in to get the marriage papers done today. It takes a 15 days to get married in Brasil, so in a few weeks we´ll have another amazing baptism. I´m excited because a year from now, i´ll be able to go to the temple with them and see them be sealed =D How amazing is that? I´m asmazed sometimes at the love I feel for these people that I met less than two weeks ago. I imagine what they´ll be like 10 or 20 years from now, and wonder if I´ll ever see them again in this life. Kinda sad, but I know I will see them again one day at least,ne?

We also have Moises and Claudia, who walked into the church on Wednesday (during a special fireside the members had with elder soares) and were like "hey, we want to know more,teach us" Moises has been looking for the true church of christ for years, so he tells us. I really felt the spirit strongly when we talked to them, the same way with that lady in the CTM i gave a LdM to. The only problem is,once again, they arent married, and also they´re YOUNG. as in, claudia is 17 and so theycant get married until shes 19 unless her dad gives permission, which he already said he wont. But,pela menos, precisamos esperar um ano, ne? er, i mean, at the least, we have to wait a year, ya?

OH!!! Funny thing of the week!!!! We were at a members house teaching a lesson to their neighbor, and after he was showing us mission pictures, and who should I see but JEREMY WALTON!!!! NOT EVEN KIDDING!!! So dad! You HAVE TO talk to mark walton and tell him to tell JEremy I met Elder Rogerio Araujo, who he know when he was Assistant or Secretary, in the Brasil Londrina missao. Ok? I just about died when I saw that picture. THe world of mormons is SO small, hahaha.

Transfers are Wednesday, so who knows where i´ll be writing from next week?!
Love you all! Remember I´m praying for all of you =]

No comments:

Post a Comment