Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mon, 28 Sep 2009: Batismos!









Oi Familia,

So, this week has been.... crazy, to say the least. Oh man... Lets start at the beginning.

-We were robbed, so we have no phone.

-I lost my planner on the bus, which is like my right arm here on the mission. Along with it I lost all my contacts, a bunch of addresses, my ID to be here in Brasil, and bus passes. Not to mention it was my favorite planner that I decorated.

-We had the wedding of Joana and Leandro, which had a LOT of drama with their families and the bishop and a bunch of other things going on, but they got married and will stay married and its great.

-We had the batism of Marian and Joana. That was so awesome. I love baptisms =]

-We have our recent converts, Adeildo, excited about going on a mission.

-Today for P-Day we went to Nova Jerusalem (New Jerusalem), but not the real one because Christ hasn't come yet. Its the largest outdoor theatre in the world and every Easter acts out the Passion of Christ, and it moves around to all these different stages and the audience follows it and it sounds waaay cool. Too bad I cant go. But it was neat to see the stages and things. We had a lot of fun taking pictures.

We have four baptisms next week, Adriano, and Leandro, and a wedding--Janaina and Lula (her husband, its a nickname, but i dont remember his real name).

Adriano is AMAZING. He stopped drinking coffee right off the bat, and then we explained about the Sabbath day, and hes like "Well, usually i pay football on sundays because im the captian of a team, but i'm going to go to church instead. its what God wants". !!!!!!!!!!Wow!!!!!!!! So we're really excited, and he's excited to be baptised, and he got to see the baptism of Joana and was even more excited. His mom says he's already changed so much. (Its funny, here in Brasil, people say things like "You're angels sent from Jesus" a lot, and his mom said this to us, and I was like "well, actually, yeah, we were sent by Him")

General Conference is next week!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, I cant believe its already here, i feel like we just had it yesterday!

And I have one week left here..Transfers Wednesday. I can't believe time goes by SO fast!!!! Next time I email, it will be from a new area...Eeek!

Fotos:

1) Sis Lemos with our guide in Nova Jerusalem. He kept touching her shoulder and arm... it was soo funny.

2) Our district on the throne of Herod. This is basically the personality of our district in a nutshell.

3) Elder Halvorsen lost his arm to the lion

4) Joana's baptism (Leandro is next week!)

5) Mirian's baptism

6) Joana and Leandro's wedding. (I look SO BIG. I'm not wearing heels or anything)

7) Freaking AWESOME telephone booths in Nova Jerusalem

8) Getting tortured by our guide, hahaahahahahahahahahaha


Anyway Familia, I hope all is well with you. I love you and think about you and pray for you all.

Until Next week!

~Sis Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment