Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mon, 21 Sep, 2009: Another week

So I spent about 20 minutes typing up a ridiculously cool email, and then the computer froze. Its one of those days

We had a baptism! Isaias and Adeildo, two awesome young men who are so solid and ready for the gospel. The baptism was great.

Speaking of baptisms, we have three next week! Joana and Leandro have their marriage on Friday and will be baptised on Saturday, along with Miriam, the sister of a member, who went to the baptism on Saturday and said "hey, i want to be baptised!" and we said "okay!" We call this um batismo que caiu do ceu (a baptism that fell from heaven). How cool is that?

Besides them, we have 5 others marked and hope to mark 3 more this week. Sis Lemos and I have been working HARD this transfer--I get home every night exhausted, plan, and fall into bed. But its paying off! Its truly amazing how the Lord blesses those who make an effort.

We had Zone Conference, with some awesome training by President and our Zone leaders, and had some amazing speakers--Me and sis Lemos, haha. She gave a talk in English!!!!! We were up until midnight practicing. The one thing she kept messing up on (but got right in the talk!) was that she kept saying "its not enough to be good, we have to be better" but instead of "good" she would say "god", hahahahahahaha. She also said "piss" instead of "pass" and a few others that were way funny. But she did great in the talk itself =]

E Lucas got transfered and now we have E Serra. Hes great.

Its weird to think that two weeks from now i'll be leaving Caruaru. I love this place, I love these people. I started crying in Relief Society because I was thinking about it too much. The beautiful thing about the gospel is that one day i will see all these people again---maybe not in this life, but at least I have the hope that it isnt the end.

but enough about that... Can you believe it already makes 7 months for me? How weird is that? The time is passing SOOOOOOOO fast!

No pictures this week because the computer is being stupid. I severly dislike technology sometimes.

I love you all. The gospel is true!

~Sis Wilk

No comments:

Post a Comment