Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wed, 07 Oct 2009: TRANSFERED!

Querida familia,

It finally happened, what we all knew was coming but never seemed like it would actually arrive: I've been transfered. I'm now in Madalena, which is a neighborhood in Recife. So basically I went from small country town to the middle of the city. It is SO different--I almost feel like i'm in a different mission. My Companion is Sis Oliveira from Minas Gerais (a state here near São paulo). I like her thus far =] We also have an awesomely sweet house, so thats exciting.

Sis Lemos was also transferred!!! She is now in Arcoverde, which is WAAAY interior. We're talking 2-3 hours past Caruaru. But, as President said, that area is in desperate need of Sisters, haha. Our area went back into one area, with Elder Stewart and Elder Serra staying. They were really excited to get our apartment, because now they'll actually live in their area and sleep on beds, instead of matresses on the floor. And our apartment was pretty nice as far as missionary apartments go. Good luck to them.

It was quite a last week. We had another wedding, of Janaina, and two baptisms (Janaina and Adriano). Each was so special and made me so happy. We had such a good transfer with so many daily miracles. I hope I can make this transfer the same.

We also had General Conference... In Portuguese. So I understood about half of what everyone was saying. Its still hard for me to understand things through microphones or on TV. I didnt even know they announced a new temple in Fortaleza until I got your email, dad, haha. I'm excited to read the talks in the Liahona, because i'll actually get more out of it. But from I did get, I understood we need to be MUCH better at living the gospel--be more obedient and stregthen our families and have more love. In an age where the hearts of men really are waxing cold, the warmth of Christ-like love is desperately needed to thaw the bitterness of Satan.

It was hard to leave my Beloved Caruaru, and especially all the people there that I love so much. Last night we had a farewell/family home evening with Mercia and Monica and other members, most of whom we taught. I told them how the gospel unites us, and that they are my family, and families are eternal. The Spirit was so strong and everyone was crying. The Elders also made us brownies and brought them to our apartment. Im going to miss them too, quite a bit. Our district was very unique in the friendship we had, and especially with the Elders in our ward.

But i'm excited to learn and grow here in Madalena. It will be quite an adventure too, seeing as I am now Senior companion--eita! But I now the Lord has put me where I need to be, so I'm ready to do my job and help people grow. I know that if I put the Lord and His work first and give it my all, we'll have miracles.

i'll send fotos monday. I'm still getting used to the area and where everything is.

I love you all! Thank you for all your support and prayers =]

~Sister Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment