Friday, July 24, 2009

July 20 Cai A Chuva!


Signafica "The rain falls". And this week has been quite rainy! (see foto)

First off...

I LOVE sis Lemos. She is fantastic. Our personalities just click. Sis jacobs was a good trainer and we had fun, but she was hard, and I often felt lonely/frustrated with her. But with Sis Lemos, oh man, she´s great. We´re already great friends. We laugh a lot together and sing as we walk and I just feel like I can be myself around her.

And I dont know what it is, but its like a switch was flipped in my brain, or maybe its because im not with sis jacobs anymore, but suddenly i can talk and understand people. Everyone at transfers commented on how well I was speaking, and even members in our branch and investigators and Sis lemos even my district leader this week have all been saying "wow sis wilkinson, you´re speaking sooo well!!" and people we meet are like "you´ve only been here 5 months? and didnt know portuguese before? I dont believe it!" Woohoo!!! Happy day =]

I´ve been teaching Sis Lemos english =D I love it! So much fun! We learned "I am, you are, he/she is" and then how to attach the gerund, "I am speaking, we are sleeping" etc. Its fun because as we´re walking down the rua I´ll say a phrase in english and she has to translatge it into portuguese or vice versa. this week i´m gonna teach her how to conjugate the present tense and we´re going to start reading the book of mormon =D also, she has to say her prayers in house in english. I prayed the other night in English so she could hear and it was SO hard! I kept slipping into Portuguese. Eiiitaaaaa... when I return home im not gonna be able to say anything!

Our new elders are awesome--way enthustiastic. They´re going to be fun to work with. We divided our area and now Sis Lemos and I are working on the East side of our area. Its good because we get to concentrate in areas sis jacobs and I never had time to before. We´re already doing well.

Fun/cool story of the week: Saturday at night we were walking home and I saw this young guy on the other side of the street looking at us, and so I called him over to make a contact (Sis Lemos was like "I dont believe it!" because usually people dont do that--usually you have to stand in front of them and say "really quick!!!!") and I talked to him and invited him to church the next day and he said sure and Domingo we passed by his house and he actually came! And he really liked church and already was making friends. We taught him the first lesson after and he accepted the invitation to be baptised!!!!! I almost couldnt believe it! We had met him less than 24 hours before and he was ready to be baptised. wow. Never underestimate the power of the spirit or that some people are just prepared.

Realmente família, I love this mission. This is the best thing I could be doing right now. Thank you all for your support and love =]

Until next week!

~Sis Wilkinson


No comments:

Post a Comment