Monday, September 14, 2009

Mon, 03 Aug 2009 : E Agora, Jose....

Oi familia!!!!!!!!!!!

We´re going to Serra Negra today, which is this pretty hike/viewpoint here in the Interior of Penambuco. I´m way excited =] Look for pictures next week! This week I dont have any because we didnt have a baptism.

But!!!! We marked the baptism of two girls, Giselle and Andressa, who are friends of Mercia and Monica, my frist two baptisms. They´re 14 and love the church. I was so happy when they accepted I almost cried. It´s amazing how much I love these people that i´ve known for three months.

It´s funny, because our mission focus is baptising men, because the church needs more priesthood holders to grow. And even though we focus on men and finding men and contacting men, we still have a ton of women joining the church, almost without trying. Goes to show, ne?

Sis Lemos is great. We´re best friends. We goof off a lot together, and work hard too and really see success with our labor!!!! I feel like I can really be myself with her. And being with the Elders is fun too. Elder Stewart likes to pretend to be retarded around Sis Lemos because she gets soooo embarrassed and tries to get away from him, while eu and Elder Lucas laugh. Oh man, I havent smiled so much in my life. I can´t stop grinning!!!!!!!!

Em fim, eu quero dizer que eu sei o evangelho é verdadeiro, que esta igreja realmente é a igreja de Cristo na Terra hoje. Eu sei que Joseph Smith foi um profeta chamado por Deus, e que ele restaurou a igreja e tranduziu o Livro de Mormon,que é a palavra de Deus e testifica que Jesus é o Cristo, o Salvador do mundo. Eu sei que este evangelho traz TANTA felicidade em minha vida, e já eu vi tantas milagres nas vidas de outras pessoas. Eu sou tão grato por estar aqui no Brasil, por servir meus irmãos e irmãs no evangelho. Sou grato que eu posso aprender português, eu amo. Este é realmente o melho tempo na minha vida. Quero batizar todo mundo!!!!!!!

Remember to pray and read your scriptures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment