Monday, September 14, 2009

Mon, 07 Sep 2009 : Você não vale nada, mas eu gosto de você....

The subject is a line from a song that everyone is playing over and over here. Translated, it means "You´re worth nothing, but I like you"

So not much to report this week. No baptism for us. Just working hard, teaching, and serving. I get home every night and just fall into bed. Its good though =] I love the members here, and they, surprisingly, love me too! Giselle (our recent baptism) started crying Saturday night because someone mentioned that I would be leaving in 5 weeks. I remember seeing Mercia and Monica feeling the same way about Sis Jacobs, and I remember wondering if I would ever touch anyone's life in such a way that they would feel that strongly about me. Amazingly, I have. I feel soooo blessed to have that love.

Not much else to report... I do have a hilarious story though!

Sis Lemos and I left the apartment Friday and were walking down the street, when a man called to us from the other side and motioned us over. We went, and he introduced himself as Pastor William, and invited us to his church up the street on Thursday. He told us that he would "free" us from our church. We smiled and invited him to church on Sunday. He accepted, and shook Sis Lemos' hand, then mine, and, continuing to hold my hand, he asked "You, you´re from Europe. Are you German?" and I said "No, the United States" and he said "Ah! I knew it!" (..yeah, whatever dude). Then, haha, this is the BEST part. He continued "And your family, they're all there right? God is blessing your family right now. But! I have the Spirit, prophesying to me that your mother... Her health isnt well. She's not well at all" At this, I think I got a surprised/incredulous look on my face, because he gripped my hand tighter and asked "Is it true?".

I grinned and responded "Well, yeah. She's dead."

Oh man, familia. The LOOK of his FACE. Without saying a word, he dropped my hand and turned away. Sis Lemos and I laughed for about 15 minutes straight. I think I will forever remember his expression.

Well, I love the mission, and I love you!!! The gospel is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment