Monday, September 14, 2009

Mon, 17 Aug 2009 : SEIS MESES!!!!!!!!






Yes Familia,

Tomorrow marks SIX MONTHS that i´ve been on the mish. That means less than a year from now I´ll be back home. Oh, that's strange. I have SO MUCH WORK TO DO in such a short amount of time!!!!!!!!!!

Well, this week has some great stories. First off: BAPTISM!!!! (see fotos)

Andressa and Giselle, two 14 year old girls (cousins) who are among the most prepared people I have ever met/taught to be baptised. My goodness. They accepted baptism without question and stayed firm in the decision, and everything we taught and everything we left for them to read they remembered and started teaching the rest of their family and friends. We had their baptism this Saturday (the 15th), and the Elders had a baptism too, Taciane, who is such a sweet girl and I love her like she´s my own baptism =D

Fun story: Elder Halvorsen and I were looking at the water in the baptismal font, which is a lovely dank yellow color, and I said, "The water's clean, it's just got a lot of dirt in it" which makes no sense at all, and E Halvorsen was quick to point that out and tease me about it the rest of the night "This cake is vanilla, its just got a lot of chocolate in it" "This shirt is white, it's just got a lot of black in it", etc. What I MEANT was that the water was fresh--it wasnt yellow because of algae or whatever, so its clean. But its yellow from the dirt thats in the water here in Caruaru. Oh well, makes for a funny story, né?

Here's the other fun story of the week! A lady in our ward has these (creepy) little monkeys, and I foolishly let one climb around on me. I usually detest small animals/birds on me, because they always poo/pee. And guess what? This time was no different. He hopped away from my shoulder, and I felt like something was different... I turned to E. Stewart and said "Elder, please tell me there isnt a wet spot on my shoulder" and he started laughing and said "There is". Sis Lemos had THE most horror-struck expression, hahaha. I laughed too--what else could I do? Not everyone can say they got peed on by a monkey on the mish!

Next week is transfers, so i wont be sending out an email until Wednesday.... I think i´m going to be leaving my beloved little city of Caruaru =[ I've already been here 3 transfers... thats a long time in the mish. But I love the people here and I love this little city--I know it like the back of my hand. But the Lord knows where he needs me.

Fotos!

1) Me, E. Lucas, Stewart, Halvorsen, Sis Lemos. (front) Taciane, Andressa, Giselle
2) Sis Lemos, Andressa, Giselle, Me
3) Elders Stewart, Lucas, Halvorsen (he's so adorable--I hope I have sons as cute as him)
4) Elen and I (She´s a baptism of the Elders two weeks ago who just LOVES me--sticks to me like glue every time she sees me. But thats alright because I adore her)
5) A picture I drew of our district. We all have little things that we do that are sooo distinctive--I have my sandles, Sis Lemos is laughing at E Stewart doing his retarded impression, E. Lucas is always quiet and always has his backpack, E Flaith always does the thumbs up and ties his tie differently, and E Halvorsen has a natual faux-hawk and has this goofy smile.... Its hard to explain, but Sis Lemos was cracking up because it just fits everyone perfectly.

Anyway familia--ate a semana que vem! Keep reading those scriptures, keep praying!!!!! The Lord loves you and wants whats best for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment