Monday, September 14, 2009

Wed, 26 Aug 2009: So today was transfers....






And guess where I am now?

CARUARU!!!!!!!!!!! No joke! This will be my 4th transfer here! That means i'll spend about 6 months here total, which is 1/3 of my mission! Oh man, I seriously love this little town. And Sis Lemos is still with me, and Elders Stewart and Lucas are still here, along with Elder Halvorsen in the other ward. Only Elder Flaith got transfered, and we were all sad to see him go. But now he's Zone Leader! Woo! I'm glad I have 6 more weeks here! The next Transfer is 7 Oct. (HOW is it already almost September?! Whoa)

We didnt have any baptisms this week, but this transfer is going to one of amazing miracles, i can already tell. We also have the marriage of our little family, Joana and Leandro. I am SOOOOOO excited I get to be here for that! They are SOOO awesome! Theyre doing family prayer and reading scriptures and oh man, I just love them.

We did have some fun adventures this week. I wanted to do something nice for the Elders, so we decided, for our morning jog, to run to their house and leave something on their door for them. (sis lemos didnt want to, but after a rousing game of rock paper scissors, I was the victor!) So, departing from our house at 6 am, we ran for about 35-40 minutes to literally the other side of town. But when we got there... I forgot the name of the street. After about 20 minutes of searching, Sis Lemos was like "give up! lets go home!" but Sister Wilkinson does not give up! So I called the Elders and asked for their address. They were suspicious but gave it. We finally found their house and left balloons and some chocolate for them on their front door, then left nd called the Elders again. They were panicking because they thought we were calling for their address because Presidente was coming (he sometimes shows up unannounced to see if you're doing what you're supposed to) and they were frantically cleaning their apartment, hahahahahahahahaha. We told them to check their door and hung up. But then, this whole week, they didnt mention anything, and we thought they were planning somethjing, and we didnt want to mention anything until they did. But finally yesterday we told them, and they were like "we checked the door and there wasnt anything!" So apperantly, in the two minutes between us leaving and them checlking the door, someone stole everything. Thats Brasil for ya. But hey! Good story, ne?

Other things this week... We made coxinhas with an investigator, had a couple really fun FHE's with members and investigators, and we found some good new investigators and taught some good lessons and just had a lot of fun doing it. I'm loving life here in Caruaru =] I was talking with Giselle (our recent baptism) last night and I was telling her how I can't believe I feel soooo much love for people that two months I didnt even know existed. It's amazing. I just feel like these people are are my family (well, they are!). But I want so much whats best for them, and When they're happy, i'm happy. And when they're sad, I cry with them. A girl in our ward, Cybelly, who was baptised just before i got here, had her dad die Saturday night... And its really tragic because he shot his brother, then himself. We visited her Monday night and the minute she saw us she started sobbing and my heart was just breaking for her. Sis Lemos taught her family (who arent members) about the plan of salvation. But I remember after mom died, I was sooo sick of people telling me about the plan of salvation, that i'd see her again, etc, because even though I know that and believe it with all my heart, it still hurts and the pain is right there in that moment. I told her its ok to cry, and that the Lord knows exactly what she's feeling because he felt it Himself. That's what helped me the most, and what I needed to hear. She has a LOT of support from the girls in the ward (Mercia and Monica) that are good friends with her... She'll make it through. She has a LOT of faith and is a lot stronger than she realizes. But if any of you want to pray for her, I know she'd appreciate it.

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone. Thanks for the love and support and especially the emails and letters!!!! They're worth more than gold for missionaries, you have no idea!

Fotos:
1) Our district at our last district meeting yesterday... awwww
2) making coxinhas
3) the surprise we left the Elders!
4) Giselle told Sis Lemos she had ugly shoes, hahahaha, so then giselle tried them on
5) having fun at FHE =]

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment