Monday, January 18, 2010

11 Janeiro 2010: MOUSE

Oi Familia

Well, I hope you’re all sitting down and have gone to the bathroom, because I have a story that Just may make you pee your pants (I certainly was laughing hard enough to)!

It all began one peaceful evening this week, as Sis Ortolani and I rested after our long day. We were in our room, chatting about life, when suddenly I saw a little furry face poke its nose around the corner. I gasped “Sister! There’s a mouse!” She sat up quickly and exclaimed “What?! Where!”. (She had seen a lizard in the hallway earlier and screamed, then said “Oh, it´s just a lizard, thank goodness it isn’t a mouse!” Ohhhh the irony). We cautiously tiptoed into the room with our suitcases, knowing it was lurking in there…somewhere… The lid to Sis O’s suitcase was open, and, thinking that maybe the mouse was behind the suitcase, she quickly closed it.

What happened next nobody was expecting. The mouse had been hiding IN the top of her suitcase. He FLEW through the air and landed… on my FOOT. It took about a half a second for us to realize what had happened—Then the screaming commenced. I screamed, Sis O screamed, and I think even the mouse screamed as we all ran around in a panic. Sis O and I left the room and slammed the door. Panting from the excitement, we made battle plans. Armed with our formidable weaponry (a broom and a bowl), we once again ventured into enemy territory. We didn’t see the little rascal anywhere in sight, and, concluding that he must be lurking in one of the suitcases, we began to search. We discovered the reason for the invasion: a packet of Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate (Switzerland starting a war?!) with one corner nibbled away. Our mouse has a sweet tooth.

About this time, our District Leader, Elder Snarr called, and we gave him the update on our little battle. Suddenly, the mouse appeared out of NOWHERE inside Sis O’s suitcase. Screaming ensued, as Elder Snarr helplessly listened on. The mouse ran into the bathroom and hid there behind the garbage can. This is about when I got my camera and started to film (I wish I could send this video!) Sis O and I were trying to scare him out. He ran for the shower, then, in a sudden show of admirable bravery, he made a dash for the door. I was yelling “THROW THE BOWL ON HIM! THROW THE BOWL ON HIM!” so that we could catch him and gently remove him OUT of the apartment

What ended up happening was that Sis O screamed as he raced closer and CHUCKED the bowl at the furry fiend, like some horrible life or death game of horseshoes. It hit him in the face and once again he jumped through the air (the poor thing was probably more scared than we were). He made a breakaway around us and ran into our BEDROOM. Sis Ortolani, in extreme anguish, cried, “WHY didn’t we close the DOOR!?!?!”. This is when I about peed my pants from laughter. E. Snarr was DYING of laughter on the other end of the line. We searched for an hour, but he had disappeared. We went to sleep, knowing he was still there… somewhere… lurking in some dark corner.

It’s been a few days though, and we haven’t seen him, so maybe he got smart and left the apartment of the annoying screaming girls.

So that was our big adventure. It was very VERY funny, and I hope you all enjoyed this little account.

In other news! We went to visit Nininha (the sister of the lady who’s a member—our miracle!) in Vicencia, aka the middle of NOWHERE, Pernambuco, Brasil. It was about an hour on the bus. But the thing is, this town is virtually UNTOUCHED by missionaries, and Nininha is ALREADY inviting her friends to hear our message!!!!!!! We decided we’re going to open a branch there. Like, seriously. If we baptize 10 or so people there, they can organize a branch. Wouldn’t that be cool? I was talking to my buddy Elder Goodwin, who’s the Secretary, because I was asking him if we could use Pres Emerick’s car to drive to this town instead of spending a lot of money (half serious…). He said if we opened a branch, Pres would probably BUY us a car, hahaha. How’s a Mercedes sound?

The members here are great—we’ve basically just been working with references. Everyone is really excited now about the work. It’s wonderful =]

Oh, gossip update. Sis Abrantes (My beloved last companion) once again locked her new companion in the apartment and left, but this time it was for the ENTIRE night and she went to meet her boyfriend, who was also a missionary. They both got sent home last week and will be getting married in about a month. Isn’t that crazy?

Alrght, i will send fotos a little bit later, because i need to charge my camera. But i have some fun ones!

I love you all!!!!!!! I pray for each of you every day.

~Sis Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment