Monday, January 18, 2010





































Yup, I got transferred. I was happy to leave behind the crazy comp, but soo sad to leave beind Casa Amarela. I really loved the people there in that ward and I made some amazing friends.... =/

BUT! The Lord is good to me, because now i'm co-senior companions with sis Ortolani!!!!! My first American companion. AND we're opening an area--Carpina. The Elders that were here were super slackers and no one in the ward liked them and they left no investigators for us. Our area is waaaay the freak out in the middle of nowhere, but has everything we could need--bank, supermarket, paperstore, etc. But we had a fun 2 1/2 hour bus ride with our four huge suitcases (mine still doesnt have wheels) and a guitar and a bunch of other stuff.... We had the help of the elders. But it was pretty ridiculous. But we got here! We had the help of the ward mission leader, who showed us our house and around the area a little. Our house is disgusting. These elders left everything a mess--dishes in the sink and on the stove, the floor hasnt been swept in forever, and the toilet wasnt even flushed so it smells like pee. SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK. So we're basically going to spend the rest of today and tomorrow cleaning. With a lot of bleach. A LOT of bleach.

But I'm waaaay excited for Sis Ortolani. Shes super fun and we're already way good friends and we're totally going to ROCK this area =]

My Christmas was sooooooo fun. President let us go with the ward to the big ward activity. We went to this farm place and played soccer and volleyball and Uno and had this great feijoada for lunch and just really bonded with the members there. and after I got to call HOME!!!!!! It was sooooooooo good to hear your voices. Like I said, knowing I have your support (all of you are included) means the world to me, It makes hard days easier when i remember im out here not just for me but for you all as well, and that I have your support. it makes me want to be better.

Oh, so biggest news....BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had the baptism of Herman, our cute little chubby 12 year old who is amazingly prepared. His whole famil wa there along with a ton of people in the ward. It was on the last day of the transfer too--a perfect way to end =]

fotos!

1) baptismo with the family thats friends with herman

2) Me and sis abrantes with herman (i'm gettin skinnier!)

3) Me and Ju (Juliana) my best friend in casa amarela

4) Bruises on my arms from sneaking into the sisters house in recife to scare them (I jumped through the window)
5) once again, the bruise (that i think looks like Nossa senior da aparecida, haha, or in other words, the virgin mary)
6) group at christmas

7) Me, Ju and Edilene being silly on christmas

8) Our amazing zone with t-shirts that say "Goal over achieved!!!" or something like that... hard to translate

LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLLL
~Sis Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment