Monday, January 18, 2010

14 Dezembro 2009: I Shook an Apostle's Hand!

Hey familia!

Wow... This weekend was amazing.First off. We had a conference with Elder Scott! And Julie Beck, president of the Relief Society, and Elder Zwick of the Seventy. They all speak Portuguese, go figure. Sis Beck and Elder Zwick gave amazing talks. Then Elder Scott spoke, and he did a little training. He had us all prepare a 5 minute lesson about using the Book of Mormon to prove that Joseph Smith was a profet. He had a pair of Elders give their lesson, then talked about things they did well and how they could improve. Then me and my comp did it. He talked about things that we did well, then he said, (more or less) "As for things they could improve on, I dont even dare try to say. It was perfect. You Elders can all learn from these Sisters".

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! An APOSTLE said that about ME. I was all smiles =]

I know im bragging, but hey, I think I can a little ;) So that basically made my mission.

The most powerful moment was when he talked to us as an Apostle. He said "Jesus Christ lives and is a ressurrected and glorified Being. He directs His church. I know Him." This last part was the most powerful, "I know Him", because the verb he used in Portuguese, "Conhecer", means to be familiar, to know closely or intimately. "Eu O conheço" He knows our Saviour personally. I have no doubt of that.

Unfortunately, Pres Eyring couldnt meet with us =[ But he did speak in the Stake conference!!! That was amazing (It was broadcasted to all the Nordeste). He spoke very powerfully about helping those around you know the gospel, and about staying firm and focused in the gospel.

Thats about it for this week. We're here in Olinda, which is one of THE most beautiful places in the world. Hands down (Google it). I dont have my cable to send pictures, but I will next week =] It is AMAZING> The sea is totally clear and blue-ish green and theres green palm trees and old dutch architecture. Hardly seems like Christmas is arriving, haha.

As for the companionship, this week has been good. Nothing extreme. I think we're starting to be friends, even though we have our arguments. Just keep praying for us! Its working!!!!!!I love you all soooo much!

~Sis Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment