Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Monday, June 21, 2010: One month.......................





OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH my goodness familia. Remember how last week didnt really have much going on? Well I feel like this week had EVERYTHING.
First things first: I'm a mommy!!! I have my daughter!!! Sister Lindsey from ALASKA! So she's basically dying in the Brasilian "winter". I got to go to the airport and get her! (see foto) and it was so cool. I love her already--it really s like she's my daughter because we have SO MUCH in common!!!! She is my second american companion, and she is also blonde like Sis Ortolani.
And she definitely had quite the first week. Wednesday it POURED POURED POURED and we got SOAKED. And it didnt stop Thursday. We actually got stuck in a place waiting for the rain to calm down a little for like a half hour, then got the bus back to our house. What is usually a 5 minute ride turned into a 40 minute wait. The roads were TOTALLY flooded and the bus had to take another route and then we ended up in the middle of the intersection blocking traffic for 20 minutes while everyone honked around us. Pretty exciting, too bad I didnt have my camera. We ended up staying in the house until our appointment in the evening because it was raining SOO hard. The water was almost up to my knees in the street as we waded to our appointment (and think where it reached on the short brasilians!). I kept telling Sis Lindsey "Welcome to the Mission!" but laughing about it. Really, everything is an adventure on the mission! She has a pretty good attitude though, and we've been laughing the whole week.
Friday we had a conference with ELDER ANDERSON of the twelve apostles!!!!!!! It was amazing to shake his hand and hear his words. It was very short and simple--he mostly just talked about the Atonement of Christ and how we need to apply it in our lives to really have success on the mish. It was amazing.
We're having miracles in our area in regards to investigators! Basically people just showing up at church who dont drink or smoke or drink coffee and we ask them if they want to get baptised and theyre like "yeah, ok". Its so amazing. I really want to make this transfer the best one--I want to finish strong! So we're working with some amazing people and I fully expect to see some amazing miracles in the next month.
I dont even really want to think about coming home... Like, I'm excited to be home and walk on carpet and drink out of the sink and eat peanut butter and wear jeans, but I get kinda anxious thinking about leaving this work and this country and these people that I love with all my heart.... I'm actually not really trunky....
Fotos!
1) Me and Sister Lindsey in the airport!!!!!!!!!
2) Me and my district that I arrived with at the conference (Hansen, Goodwin, Snarr, Brunken, Wagoner and Me) This was basically the last time we would all be together until they all get home in 6 months
3) The Brasilians I arrived with (Tenório, Bezerra, and Francisco)
4) Me and Elder Francisco being silly in a store. (This is the foto of me Sis Lindsey sent to her family, hahahaha)
Ok, well, I love you all SOOOOOO MUCH! I am way excited to see you SOON. It's gonna fly by... Oh man... Cant think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment