Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday, June 2, 2010: 49 Days...

...Not that I'm counting... But really, família and amigos... It's absolutely INSANE how quickly time goes by. I swear on the mission we're actually on Kolob time, because I feel like I've only been here for a short amount of time!
Well, there are LOTS of exciting things happening at home, with Linny graduating and cousins getting married and dad shaving off his moustache after 33 years!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!! I'm excited to be home and share it all with you guys!
As I said, I'm flying into San Jose July 22, but we'll be up in Utah the next weekend. I'm so excited to see you all!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next week is transfers. Sis Lemos is for sure leaving Olinda ( =´[ ) but I'm for sure staying!!!! (yayy!!!) And most likely, I will be training the newbie!!! Woohoo!
So, news for this week: (Unfortunately, there will be no pictures because I forgot my cable... But next week expect a ton!)
We had two baptisms!!!! Rayane and Patrícia. It was super special. They are both amazing young women who have made a LOT of changes in their lives since they came in contact with the gospel, especially Patrícia. (We marked the baptism of her mom too!!!) I feel so honored and blessed to have a part in helping these fine young daughtersof God enter the path that ultimately leads to Eternal Life. There really is nothing better than knowing I helped out just a tad ;)
We went to the temple today!!!! It's been 6 months since we last went, and it was sooooo nice. I'm excited to go every week when i'm home. And after was fun too beasue I got to see my friend Ildelídia (from my area Madalena) and my friend Juliana from Casa Amarela!!!!! Ju hung out with us for most of the afternoon, taking fun pictures at the temple and getting some tasty ice cream =] I havent seen her for 6 months either, so I was super excited. I love that I've made some amazing friendships here on the mission.
Health-wise, I've been sick with a fever for the last 3 days, so i've been popping ibuprofen and sleeping a lot. I was waiting to see if it would go away after a couple days, but it hasnt, so i'll probably be going to the doctor tomorrow. I've never been sick so much in my life than I have been here on the mission. But i'm still happy and working as much as I can =] This too shall pass, ne?
Oh, other exciting news is that Elder Neil L Anderson is coming to our mission in a couple weeks!!!! I don't know what we do to deserve all this Apostolic attention, but I ain't complaining ;) I'm way excited!
Well, família... That's about all for this week. I love you all and thank you for your love and support. It always makes me so happy to open my email and see the names of people I love. It helps me make it through the hard times.
Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment