Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday, June 9, 2010: MY LAST TRANSFER!!!!!!!!!!!








WHAT?! How did that happen?!
So the big news: I'm training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! An American!
But my "daughter" isn't here yet, so I'm with Sis Lemos for one more week! (That was kinda funny, we ran around saying goodbye to everyone Monday and Tuesday only to have her stay one more week. But such is life!)
Nothing too exciting happened this week. Turns out that fever I had was dengue; so I was in bed all week with a 102*F fever. Saturday night it finally went away, and Sunday I had this red rash-like spotting alllll over my body, especially my arms and legs, and my hands were bright red, and it ITCHED. It looked like lizard skin kinda, all molted (see foto) But this is good because it means its over and going away. But yeah, I'm fine now and I have my energy back.
We've been teaching an AMERICAN!!!!!!! Hahahahaha, he's from New Orleans and Philly and has the CRAZIEST southern black accent I have ever heard. He says things like "Whats you was sayin?" and "I aks hims" My lingustics professor would have a hay day with him. He doesnt speak any portuguese, but he's married to a brasilian woman.,.. who doesnt speak very much English. But hey, that never stopped anyone, right? He was SUPER happy to talk to an American, and they both really like our message. Maria (his wife) is a lot more open to believing and praying than him... I dunno ifs its a man thing or an American thing, but they're both reading the Book of Mormon and praying. He's stopped drinking coffee and has lessened the cigarettes too!!!!!!!!!
And it is SOOO HARD to teach in English!!!!!!!!!!! I have to think so much about what I want to stay. And I'm developing a stutter kinda too in English. Oy vey.
well, that's about it for this week.
Fotos!
1) Baptism of Rayane and Patricia (Lemos, Rayane, Patricia, Jairo, and Me!)
2) Patricia, me, Rayane, and Lemos
3) Me being "ghetto chick" for a night, hahaha. (Aka, this is what happens when you let the young women play with your hair)
4) Juliana, me, and Lemos at the temple
5) Looking to the beautiful Recife Temple!!!!
6) Dengue
7) Our "little" box of chocolate milk we bought today, hahaha
I love you familia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment