Monday, December 7, 2009

Mon, 07 Dec 2009 : Entao

So, familia, this has been quite a week. First I will share some fun things:

Sunday we were walking with the Elders and we passed one of the many drunk parties people have on the street. These men were playing their usual horrible music, and I stopped and did a little dance. Unbeknownst to me, they were all watching, and at my performance they all began cheering and shouting "Americana!!! Dança de novo americana!" Oh my, I about died of embarrassment. THEN, we were walking down the wrong street, so we had to turn around and pass them AGAIN. Once again, the catcalls came. Me mata.

Ive been sensing a fault of certain American things, namely: drinking fountains, carpet, dryers, cold, sidewalks that are actually intact, and driving... And peanut butter, haha.

I forget if I mentioned, but I got my Rubiks cube in the mail about 3 weeks ago (Thanks Anita!), and have been practicing. I'm down to two minutes now. I need to get about 1 minute faster to beat the Elder that taught me, hahaha. Dad, better start practicing for when I get home!!!!!

Our area is amazing. We have 6 baptisms marked--two for this week and 4 for the week that comes (is that correct english?). We hope to be marking the baptisms of a few more. Its amazing how people really are just sooo ready to follow the gospel here =]

And!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the coolest part, so every one pay attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRESIDENT EYRING and ELDER SCOTT are coming to OUR MISSION and ONLY our mission THIS SATURDAY. Theyre going to have a private conference with JUST OUR MISSION. And guess who gets to lead the music? Yep, thats me! Oh man, I am SOOOO excited! I get to shake their hands! Hahaha. Our mission is sooo priviledged. Of 27 missions here in Brasil, they chose ours. I dont know why, but Im happy for it. You'll all be sure to get a full report next week.


As for the companionship...... Well, theres been a lot of drama. The highlight was when i wouldnt let her call her mom on the cell phone Saturday night, so when i was in the shower (i had the phone with me), she took the keys and left, locking me in the apartment building. When i got out, I noticed she was gone, so i knocked on every neighbors door, but no one was home, and then I couldnt call presidente because we have this weird block on our phone after 10:30 to call people of our mission, and we dont have any more minutes. I managed to call collect to the guy who does the maitence stuff for the mission, and he called the assisstents, who called us at 11:30, a few minutes after Sis Abrantes came back. She had gone to use the payphone on the street. We had an interview with Presidente today. She basically has one more chance, then shes going home. We're staying together until the end of this transfer, and then one of us is leaving this area.

Good fun, ne? Itll be a great story to tell my grandkids, haha. Im not gonna talk a lot about her and other stuff going on because shes a bummer to talk about, and i dont want to bring you all down or have you worry about me. Just pray for me, please. And her too.

But I am so excited for pres Eyring =] I love this work, and I know that this transfer, as annoying as it is, will be for my good and i will grow from it.

Christ lives, His gospel is fully upon the earth again, and in light of that, nothing else really matters. Everything else is trivial and will last but a moment in the eternities.

I love you all, thank you for your love and support. It really means a lot to me to know you want me to be here and are helping me. It helps me get through tough times when I know I have my family and friends behind me.

Ate mais, eu amo voces!

No comments:

Post a Comment