Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday, 24 May, 2010: BATISMOOOOOOOOOO



Ola Família!
I feel like time is going by SOOOO fast! I swear it was my birthday yesterday and now it's almost JUNE. Oh man. Soon i'll be coming home!
Just as a note, I'm flying into San Jose July 22! But I'll be up in Utah the next weekend, huzzah!
So this week! We had the baptism of LUIZA (see fotos!) Luiza is THE cutest little 8 year old--she stole my heart the first lesson. She lives with her "mom" and "dad", who are really her aunt and uncle. They're inactive members, and thus for Luiza to be baptised, we had to teach her. She is so smart and I swear she understands the gospel better than some adults we teach. When we asked her what repentence is, she said "When you hit someone, you have to say your sorry, and never do it again!" Awwwwww. And her baptism was really fun, with a lot of support from the ward.
Next week we should have 4 or 5 baptisms of the group of people we're teaching! I'm so excited. I love these people that i'm teaching so much and its so great to see the changes they make in their lives. One girl we started teaching, Patricia, has changed sooo much. Her family LOVES us--we never leave their house without eating something (I once heard the sign of a good missionary is getting food from people ;)) and we're gonna start teaching her family soon. We've just had so many miracles. We did a special fast to find people and to help our investigators and our prayers have been answered almost instantaneously. I love how the Lord really does love us and guide us. Its amazing the miracles I see every day here.
Other news... Lemos and I got the vaccine for the pig flu or swine flu or whatever its called in English (H1N1). Aaaaaaaaaaand we've been sick all week. the first couple days after I was dizzy and nauseous, and then i had a sore throat, and now i've had a stuffy nose and a headache for a week straight. Thats the first, and LAST, time I get a flu shot. But the work goes on!
thats about it for this week! You'll only be getting about 7 more of these emails before I get home! AHHHHHHHH!!! Cant think about it!
Love you all soooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment