Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mon, 23 Nov 2009 : Então.

Familia

My new area is great!!! Its still in Recife, actually still pretty close to the temple. Its all these little winding alleys and SOOO many stairs going all over the place on this one hill. Its TINY. And the members are SO excited to have sisters after having some slacker Elders. Theyre just giving a tons of references and the bishop is way excited, and even when we knock on doors, I'll be like "hi, we're missionaries and we have a message we want to share with you. Can we?" and theyre like "alright" and just let us in.

My comp is... difficult. It hasnt even been a week, and she has had a couple hissy fits, she doesnt want to keep the rules, and she says its none of my buisness if she doesnt, and then she turns around and calls me a hypocrite if I try and tell her otherwise. Shes yelled at me, stamped her feet, called me names--and in front of other elders and our neighbors. Everyone is like "Sister, just go, youre being ridiculous"... Presidente knows allll about her problems, and that shes very disobedent. Ive been learning a lot this week about choosing your battles to win the war, ya know? There have been a few things when shes had her little fits that ive just let slide or made a compromise while still being firm. I just have to remember that I AM in the right, that I AM doing the right thing, and that im her companion for a reason. Im definitely going to have a long talk with President too.

I love my president, he is a WONDERFUL man. I know he really trusts me (he said that to E Whiting back at the beginning of the last transfer). Hes letting me spend Thanksgiving at the house of a member in Madalena, because he trusts me that much. I just dont want to let him down.

But please, everyone... Pray for me. Pray for me a lot. Pray for me and pray for her too.

Tomorrow I get to go to the temple. Its the first time in 7 months. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED. SO EXCITED!!!!!!! I love the temple. I'll probably cry when I go in and cry during the session and cry in the celestial because ill be so happy.

Thats about it... Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Think of me as your eating turkey and stuffing and watching american football. I miss you all SOOOOO much!!!!!!!!

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment