Sunday, December 6, 2009

Wed, 18 Nov 2009 : I got transferred....

Just when things were starting to pick up in Madalena, Sis Oliveira and I got a call last night saying BOTH of us were transfered. We were pretty much in shock, since neither of us were expecting me to leave. I really didnt want to, I was really starting to love the area and the people and we have a LOT of things planned and three marked baptisms. But I guess the Lord knows better than I do where he needs me.

I spent all of yesterday in bed with a fever--at the highest 102 degrees. I woke the night before, threw up, and didnt sleep for the next 3 hours. At 6:30 am I called my District Leader, Elder Whiting, and he and his comp came and gave me a blessing, and then I stayed in bed. We thought maybe it is Dengue, which is kinda like Malaria, but a little worse, because I had all the symptoms with an achy body and pressure on my eyes and a fever and throwing up and chills and hot flashes. I learned the Tylonal does nothing for me--I took it twice and my fever kept rising, and the third time I took ibuprofen, and my fever dropped within the hour. But I still feel sooo weak today. I was a little mad I had to get up and pack last night because 1) i hate packing and 2) I didnt want to leave and 3) I had to stop and rest every five minutes. I still have a slight fever today and just feel totally exhausted, plus I'm still a little miffed about being uprooted so suddenly.

So now I'm in Casa Amarela with Sister Abrantes... This is going to be quite the transfer........ She has the custom of breaking quite a few rules... almost all of them. I guess Presidente is trusting me to help her be more obedient........ I need to learn how to be firm and confrontatial while still being tactful.

I dont have much else to report. Our three marked baptisms in Madalena are amazing and I am going to miss them, especially Daniele and Daisy. But we'll see what people I meet here. Like I said, the Lord knows where He needs me, and its my job to do it!

Aunt Angela, I met Elder Bateman, he says hi, and said he knew about me before anything else about the mission, hahaha.

James and Erin, congrats on the new baby!!!!!!! She's beautiful.

I would send pictures, but this internet place is kinda crappy. So next week maybe.... I dont really have pictures of anything super exciting anyway.

Your Sick Amiga

No comments:

Post a Comment