Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mon, 26 Oct 2009: Another week...

It was good. The work is picking up. We've got some good people we're teaching, even though a lot of our afternoons are spent walking around knocking doors. I guess thats how a majority of the missions in the world are, ne? But with a few million people in the city, its hard to find the few people that are prepared. But we have and heck, if i only help one person, its worth it, ne?

I think the most exciting thing this week was when i recieved a phone call from Elder whiting "Hey, sister... Do you know how to cut hair? Because Elder Levesque tried cutting mine... And it didnt turn out too well" Oh, THINK of something that causes laughter. It was this haircut. Ok, it really wasnt too bad, but it was very uneven. Luckily, with my little pair of hair-cut scissors and the very limited experience that I have, all was fixed. I was pretty proud of myself.

Our investigator Alexandre is great. Its truly amazing to see the change in his life. He went from "eh, what is faith?" to truly having it. I dont think he's ever had anyone tell him that he's smart, that he has divine potential and infinite worth, and that he has the right to dream big and reach goals. Last night we were just talking to him about that, doing more with his life than just sitting around, and I was telling him how really, im not just saying it because im a missionary or whatever, but because really, he's our friend, and i really do care about him, and he got all quiet and teary eyed. I can tell he's felt something real and wants to change. I love being here and helping people.

From now on, all of my photos will be at this address:


it will be updated every week-ish with a lot mroe photos.

no one celebrates halloween here =[ makes me sad because I LOVE halloween.. send a snickers to me in the package!

i love you all and am always praying for you.

~sister wilk

No comments:

Post a Comment