Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday, 15 March, 2010: When it rains it pours...

Well, first off... I am quite sad to hear about Grandpa =[ I started crying here in the lan house when i read the email from dad. I'm glad I was able to visit him before I left. I know he was ready to go, and I know grandma and my mom met him with open arms =] But still... I know we all are sad and miss him.
And Grandma Dorothy, I'm glad your hip surgery went well. You and Grandpa take care of yourselves!!!!! I dont want anymore emails like that!!!
Well, Pres is gonna close this area becasue its dead. We have two kind of investigators... I'm excited to leave. This area has really drained me.
We had Zone conference on Friday!!! It was really good and very uplifting. The cool part was that we have a new senior couple, and Bro Ivey speaks portuguese, but Sis Ivey doesnt, so Pres had me sit next to her and translate the whole time--almost 4 hours. There were times when i was in the groove and was translating almost word for word with the person speaking, but other times i got thrown off by a word and i was offbeat for a few minutes. But it was kinda fun, and its a skill i'd like to improve on.
Well, we have interviews tomorrow with pres, and then transfers on the 24th. Thats about it. This area was hard, but I learned a lot about myself, about patience, about unreasonable self-expectations, about faith, and so much more. So guess some good came out of it =] And maybe Mateus (the kid Sis Ortolani and I baptized) will go on a mission and baptise like 500 people. Just like Abinadi... He died not knowing anyone was converted, and look how many people joined through Alma's example!! The biggest thing i've learned is that as long as I'm doing the Lords work, nothing is wasted.
Thats about it. Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment