Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday, 2/22/2010

Hello family
Yes, we did survive carnaval.... It was kinda boring being in the house for like 2 days straight. And then this week seriously kicked my butt. We had NO help from the members, no references, nothing. And so we just knocked doors. And we did manage to mark the baptism of this girl, fernada, but when we went to get her sunday, she said her dad wouldnt let her go to church. And that was insane because we had to talk like a half hour bus ride to get out there, and it was the ONLY one that made the loop, so we asked the bus driver to wait two minutes, and basically when we got close to her house we jumped off and ran to her house, she said she couldnt go, and then we ran back up this hill to get to the bus where everyone was watching, haha. Then we got to the church, and no investigators were there, so we walked around for like another 45 minutes trying to find SOMEONE, ANYONE, and NOTHING. I'm trying really hard to stay upbeat and optimistic, but this area just kinda sucks. And I dunno what pres is gonna do for the next transfer, if he's gonna leave me here or close the area. Depends on how many baptisms we have, but more on how much the members are helping.

So thats about my week. On a slightly happier note, I went to a Churruscaria today for my ONE YEAR!!!!! Me and the Five elders I arrived with (and comps) went and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOO fun. Not to mention absolutely delicious. Omg. I have never had meat so good before. It was seriously the best steak ive ever eaten. And they had CAESER SALAD!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know how LONG its been since I had a REAL salad!?!?!?!?! Oh man, I about died. And then we walked by the beach and looked at it, since we are forbidden to touch it. But oh man, it made me really miss Santa Cruz.

My comp is good, I like her. Shes quiet, but she works with me and its good. Shes leaving in a week and I'll be getting a new one... so i'll be like the CTM and a trainer at the same time, hahaha

Keep reading the Book of Mormon, keep praying. Things will always work out if we just do our part. Thats what I've been telling myself all week when I really just feel like throwing in the towel. Things will get better, things will get better. And for you too!!!
Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment