Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday, 5 April, 2010: Feliz Páscoa





Familia!!!!!!!!!!!
So sorry i didnt send an email last week! We had a big Zone BBQ and game day at the church and we literally had nooo time to check email or anything!
We've had a couple baptisms (see fotos). This area is amazing. We're always finding people to teach, the members are alweays bringing us to their friends, and basically its amazing. This last week was a little trying, but I've learned the times are hardest right before the biggest blessings. We just have to keep working hard!
Conference was AMAZINGGGGGGGG. I cant believe how much they talked about the importance of the family and the atonement of Christ. It seemed like it went by so fast. We had a few investigators with us on the last session, and they really liked it. I'm so grateful for to have a living prophet here on the earth today, and that we can recieve guidence from him and other chosen servants of the Lord in the things of our lives.
And it was also EASTER!!!! Brasil is a very Catholic country, so Friday everyone was eating fish and talking about the Passion of Christ. I tried dying eggs, but it wasnt much fun by myself and Sis Lemos thought I was crazy. We did make american cookies for the elders! We had a good family home evening with a family in our apartment building (members) and we talked about the atonement and why we celebrate that Christ lives.
I just want to leave you all with my testimony that I know that Christ lives. He is a real Being who truly suffered every pain, sickness, sadness, and sin of every person who has lived, lives, or will live. He died on the cross, but He took his life up again three days later and because of this we will all live again. I will see my mom again, in the flesh. I know that Jesus Christ is truly by our side. I cannot even number the amount of times I have felt Him carry me through trials that I thought were impossible. He has left a path for us to return to Him, and I'm here in Brasil ultimately to teach people how they can have this same happiness that I have. There is nothing better in this life than to see the love and light of Christ enter someones life.
Feliz Páscoa (Happy easter). Every day we should remember why we celebrate Easter. We celebrate the triumph over death by our Saviour.
~Sister Wilkinson
PS: Fotos (i dont remember the order)
1) with the other sisters and some members. I look Brasilian!!!! haha.
2) Baptism of Cris with E Bezerra, one of the only elders more tall than me.
3) Me and Lemos with Junior, our other baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment