Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday, 3 May, 2010: Go Shorty, It's yo Birfday




Ok, so I'm not short, and I probably shouldnt be quoting lines from 50 Cent as a missioanry, but hey, my birthday IS tomorrow!!!!!!!!! Aééééééé!!!! I cant believe it! 23 seems so OLD to me... And it's weird to think that I spent 22 as a missionary. It really does not seem like a year went by SOOOO fast! My last birthday I was in my first area, barely able to speak portuguese... Man..... Time flies, ne?
Well, família, not too much to report. The start of a transfer is always a little slow, especially because we baptised all our investigators, so now we dont have many. Thats a good thing, but still a little annoying =]
One interesting thing. Jairo, the kid we recently baptised, told us that other missionaries had already passed by and tried to teach him and stuff, but that he never wanted to listen until us. That there was something special and different about US that made him want to listen. When he said that, I just felt... I dont even know. So grateful, I guess, that Heavenly Father has prepared people for each one of us. That there truly are people who will only hear the gospel because of ME... That I am a valuable instrument in the hands of God to bring people unto Him. It just really struck me when he said that.
Everyday here on the mission I experience little miracles. From silly things like finding my lost hairbrush to having the Spirit whisper we need to go to a certain house at a certain time and to show up when we were needed most.
Thank you all for your support and love. it means so much to me to know that I have a whole gaggle of people rooting for me! Its the best birthday present I could ask for =]
Fotos:
1) Our awesome Zone from the last transfer. We had 39 baptisms with 3 men!
2) The lighthouse in Olinda that we went to last p-day... in the rain... and we arrived there after climbing up this huge hill only to find it is now closed to tourists. Sis Lemos talked to the guard for like 15 minutes trying to convince him to let us in, but to no avail
3) This is my "I hiked up a hill in the pouring rain to not get to see the lighthouse" face =] But it was a good bonding moment and after we ate pizza, so its all good!!!!
~Sister Wilkinson, a velhinha.

No comments:

Post a Comment