Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday, 8 March 2010: Its already March?!

Hey Família!

Things are going a lot better, health wise. My cough is gone for the most part, and i've had a lot more energy!!!!
The work is............ trickling along.........
We have Fernanda, our marked baptism, is IMPOSSIBLE to get to church, but certainly not for lack of trying. She just lives freakishly far away and theres only one bus every hour and her step-mom makes her stay home sometimes and take cer of her little brother and sister and yeah........... But shes awesome, and im amazed at the confidence ive seen growing in her as we've taught her. Shes definitely developing a testimony of the scriptures--she started reading the Book of mormon from the beginning!!!!!!!!! By herself! So i'm excited... We just need to get her to church to be baptised!! Gah. Everyone pray for a miracle this Sunday.
We had another guy that went to church, but he said everyone was soooo irreverant during sacrament that he doesnt want to go back. I dont blame him. This ward has a serious problem with reverence during the meetings--everyone whispering back and forth. I can hardly hear the speakers, much less understand!! But we're working on it.
And thats about it. We've been knocking doors at night. During the afternoon we go home because it is SO. STINKIN. HOT. that we get super bad headaches and get dehydrated really really fast. And yeah. Nothing, No one wants to hear, and all of our references just fall through really fast. Im pretty sure Pres is gonna close this area after this transfer. I have to look it it as NOT a failure on my part, because ive been trying, and trying not to be frustrated and give up.
But i'm still happy!

One thing i've learned here on the mission is patience for myself. I am SO SO SO hard on myself, which is why I break down a lot, een though not many people are hard on me. I'm learning its ok to take a break if I dont feel tiptop shape. I used to be like "No, im a slacker if i stop working just because i have a headache! I'm just using as an excuse to slack" but after that whole throwing up in the street incident, i'm seeing that I need to take care of myself, and the Lord knows my intentions.

I need to not beat myself up about not having much success here. I was feling like President sent me here to save the area and i failed because i have only baptised one kid (who is sooo firm hes better tha some adults ive baptised!). I realized I was called to Preach the Gospel, not Baptise Everyone. Theres a big difference there. I remember once my friend Kerianna told me, when I was super duper sick one summer like 5 years ago, that I always just go go go and push myself until something knocks me flat on my back. So I'm learning moderation, and patience with myself. Itll be good when i go back to school haha.

In other news, AHHHHHHHHHHH THE US LOST THE HOCKEY GAME!!!! Dang. I really miss hockey, haha. I miss watching it, and I really miss playing it. I dont go running here because ) i want my sleep and 2) Its soo stinkin hot at 6:30 that no siree i aint goin! I wish I could watch the olympics, but no one really cares about there here in Brasil, unless a Brasilian wins, but that hardly happens, haha.

Turns out i cant read calanders and we have Zone Conference THIS week. So i'll let you know how it goes!
Thats about it. Thanks for all your love and support!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment